With an SBA loan, your business can take advantage of longer repayment terms and higher borrowing limits. Qualifying criteria are generally more flexible than conventional loans.
Can you use an SBA loan?
If you have a growing business, SBA financing can help you to:
- Purchase or renovate real estate
- Purchase or upgrade real estate to operate your business, construct a business facility or make improvements to an owner-occupied property
- Purchase fixed assets, including assets such as heavy machinery or specialized equipment
- Borrow working capital
- Manage day-to-day cash flow and purchases
SBA loans provide many advantages:
- SBA loans are typically easier to qualify for than conventional business loans
- Longer repayment terms provide lower monthly payments
- You can borrow up to 90% of the collateral’s value
- Any applicable fees may be financed directly into the loan
SBA 7(a) can provide funds for a variety of business purposes. Proceeds can be used to fund equipment purchases, business acquisitions or expansion, finance permanent working capital or purchase real estate.
Summit Bank of Kansas City participates in both the SBA Express and Preferred Lender programs with the Small Business Administration.
SBA 504 Loan Program
Loan proceeds can be used to purchase real estate or equipment. These loans are generally designated for projects over $500,000.
Loan and Line Amounts
SBA Express Program: Up to $350,000
SBA7(a) Program: Up to $2,000,000
SBA 504 Loan Program: Generally used for projects greater than $500,000
SBA7(a): Fixed rates are available for up to seven years. Variable rates are indexed to the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate plus a margin.
SBA 504 Loan Program: Fixed or variable rates are available depending upon the term of loan.
SBA Fees, packaging fees, or origination fees may apply and will vary based upon the type and the term of the loan.
SBA7(a): Working capital loans — up to 7 years. Equipment loans — up to 10 years.
Real Estate loans: — up to 25 years.
SBA 504 Loan Program: Terms are typically from 10 to 20 years.
SBA Preferred Lender
As an SBA Preferred Lender, our experience and expertise are recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Our Preferred Lender status allows us to approve loans on behalf of the SBA thus decreasing processing time.
For more information contact Gary Shriver at (816) 251-9018 or through email.
*Subject to credit approval.
Commonly Needed SBA Forms